From Wikimedia Commons, the free media repository
English: The Eurasian Avars or Ancient Avars were a militarized Turkic(pron.: /ˈævɑrz/) equestrian group which established an empire spanning considerable areas of Central and Eastern Europe from the late 6th to the early 9th century. Although data is scarce, it is generally hypothesized that they might have spoken an Oghuric dialect. Their state was the Avar Khaganate.
This category has the following 12 subcategories, out of 12 total.
- ► Buta-ul (2 F)
- ► Keszthely culture (1 C, 42 F)
- ► Maps of Eurasian Avars (53 F)
- ► Siege of Constantinople (626) (4 F)
- ► Treasure of Nagyszentmiklós (3 C, 43 F)
- ► Victory of Charlemagne by Altdorfer (2 F)
Media in category "Eurasian Avars"
The following 56 files are in this category, out of 56 total.