German association football player
|Name in native language|
|Date of birth||11 September 1945|
|Work period (start)|
|Work period (end)|
|Country of citizenship|
|Country for sport|
|Member of sports team|
Franz Anton Beckenbauer (born 11 September 1945 in Munich) is a German football coach, manager, and former player, nicknamed der Kaiser ("the emperor") because of his elegant style, his leadership qualities, his first name "Franz" (reminiscent of the Austrian emperors), and his dominance on the football pitch. Beckenbauer is widely regarded as the best defender in history and one of the best players of all time. He was a versatile player, who started out as midfielder but adapted to different roles on the pitch, and he is often credited as having invented the role of the modern sweeper or libero. Since 2009 he has been president of Bayern Munich.
This category has the following 2 subcategories, out of 2 total.
Pages in category "Franz Beckenbauer"
This category contains only the following page.
Media in category "Franz Beckenbauer"
The following 10 files are in this category, out of 10 total.
- Autogramm Franz Beckenbauer.jpg 1,130 × 678; 65 KB
- Beckenbauer and maradona 1978.jpg 1,016 × 840; 113 KB
- Beckenbauer shirt.jpg 400 × 300; 30 KB
- Belgrano vs cosmos beckenbauer 1978.jpg 420 × 269; 40 KB
- De-Franz Beckenbauer.ogg 2.4 s; 23 KB
- Gnd beacon.jpg 1,258 × 445; 196 KB
- Joska Bodenmais Pokal Golfturnier Beckenbauer Kaiser spezial.jpg 591 × 886; 154 KB
- Mallon and Beckenbauer.jpg 2,448 × 3,264; 2.07 MB
- Sportplatz der SpVgg 1906 Haidhausen.jpg 3,264 × 2,448; 1.66 MB
- Zugspitzstr. 6.jpg 2,664 × 1,998; 1.18 MB