Gang Se-hwang (1713–1791) was not only a high government official but also a representative painter and calligrapher and art critic of the mid Joseon period. He was born in Jinju, Gyeongsangnam-do as son of Kang Hyeon. He entered royal service over his sixty years old. Gang pursued and established muninhwa with his own creativity.
Joseon Dynasty painter
|Date of birth||25 January 1713
|Date of death||23 January 1791
Media in category "Gang Se-hwang"
The following 5 files are in this category, out of 5 total.
- Attr. Gang Se hwang. Chrysanthemum. 18th c. Ewha Womans University Museum.jpg 2,609 × 5,452; 8.94 MB
- Joseon-Portrait of Kang Sehwang-black danryeongpo.jpg 395 × 617; 210 KB
- Korea-Kang Sehwang-Yeongtong donggudo.jpg 644 × 400; 116 KB
- Korea-Self portrait of Kang Sehwang-01.jpg 457 × 651; 46 KB
- 이명기 작 강세황 초상.jpg 500 × 785; 493 KB