The Garden Route (Afrikaans: Tuinroete) is a popular stretch of the south-eastern coast of South Africa. It stretches from Mossel Bay in the Western Cape to the Storms River which is crossed along the N2 coastal highway over the Paul Sauer Bridge in the extreme western reach of the neighbouring Eastern Cape. The name comes from the verdant and ecologically diverse vegetation encountered here and the numerous lagoons and lakes dotted along the coast. It includes towns such as Knysna, Plettenberg Bay and Nature's Valley; with George, the Garden Route's largest city and main administrative centre.
This category has the following 8 subcategories, out of 8 total.
Media in category "Garden Route"
The following 43 files are in this category, out of 43 total.
- Emily Moon 05 (3544647959).jpg 2.37 MB
- Floating Dock Wreck.jpg 47 KB
- Garden Route Dam.jpg 3.58 MB
- Garden route in winter.jpg 137 KB
- Garden route seaview.jpg 634 KB
- Gardenroute overview.gif 19 KB
- Kelp Gull (3545468958).jpg 300 KB
- Knysna Lagoon 3.jpg 797 KB
- MvubuSunrise.JPG 319 KB
- Plet Bay.JPG 329 KB
- SwartbergP1020248.JPG 3.6 MB
- Triakis megalopterus00.jpg 856 KB
- Wilderness 01 (3542937077).jpg 2.36 MB
- Wilderness beach.jpg 2.99 MB
- Wilderness National Park.jpg 4.29 MB
- Wilderness.jpg 2.02 MB
- Yellowwood.jpg 373 KB