Category:Gerda III (ship, 1928)
Gerda III was built in 1928 for the Danish Lighthouse and Buoy Service. From October 1943 Gerda II was used to ferry Jewish refugees from German occupied Denmark to neutral Sweden. With a group of some ten refugees on board the vessel set out for her official lighthouse duties, but detoured to the Swedish coast. The little ship and her crew (Skipper Otto Andersen, John Hansen, Gerhardt Steffensen and Einar Tønnesen), ferried some 300 Jews to safety.