|This object is indexed in the Archaeological Survey of Ireland under SMR No. WX017-010001-
Geographic information system of the National Monuments Service: Historic Environment Viewer – Database record.
English: Glasscarrig Priory of St. Mary was founded in 1190 (another source gives 1199) as a house of the Tironensian Order which was dependent on St. Dogmells in Wales. The priory was dissolved c. 1558 due to the reformation. This was the only Tironensian foundation in Ireland.