From Wikimedia Commons, the free media repository
English: "The Arch", or Hafod Arch, next to (formerly: on) the B4574 road between Cwmystwyth and Devil's Bridge (Pontarfynach) is located at a pass (called "the pass of the loss of existence" in Welsh) near what was Hafod Estate (Hafod Uchtryd) in Ceredigion, Wales, United Kingdom. – It was constructed by Thomas Johnes in 1810 to commemorate George III's golden jubilee at the height of this king's national popularity, which sadly coincided with his near blindness, decline into ill-health and mental illness resulting in the regency by 1811 and the seclusion of George III until his death in 1820. – In 1964 the arch was repaired and strengthened. Following a 2006 damage by a road vehicle (cf. ) it was again repaired and is bypassed by the road since then. Traffic is now prevented from going through the arch.
Media in category "Hafod Arch"
The following 15 files are in this category, out of 15 total.