Herbivory is a feeding behavior and biological interaction where, in its most general sense, an organism (e.g. animal) eats an autotroph, usually a plant. This category is for images that relate specifically to the herbivore-autotroph interaction. Images of herbivorous organisms are too general to be of use, and the same applies to the organism eaten. This page is for images which show the interaction that is herbivory, for example a fish feeding on kelp, a plant that has evolved chemical or mechanical defenses, worn down teeth of a grazer, or damage done to crops by insects.
This category has the following 7 subcategories, out of 7 total.
Media in category "Herbivory"
The following 41 files are in this category, out of 41 total.
- 2011 07 10 Bild2.JPG 73 KB
- Anastrepha on punpkin.JPG 6.21 MB
- Buff Tip larva.jpg 623 KB
- Chrysomelid feeding.jpg 1.33 MB
- Cottontail creosote-bush.jpg 409 KB
- Dromedarioak.jpg 1.97 MB
- FloorboardWithWoodwormDamage.JPG 4.76 MB
- Melasoma populi.jpg 29 KB
- Meseta herd.jpg 996 KB
- Шмели на бодяке, 2015.J2M93.jpeg 1.23 MB