ancient Egyptian king
|Date of birth||27th century BC|
|Date of death||2630 (in Julian calendar) BC (statement with Gregorian date earlier than 1584)|
|Place of burial|
Huni was the last pharaoh of the Third dynasty of Egypt. He established a fortress on the island of Elephantine, securing the southern border of Egypt at the First Cataract. Huni was a father of Hetepheres. A certain Huni is mentioned amongst the names of high officials from the court of Djoser, and if this was indeed the same man as this pharaoh, it is possible that Huni came to the throne at a very venerable age. He is credited with a 24-year reign in the Turin King List.
Huni was father of Hetepheres I and Sneferu, and grandfather of Khufu (Cheops).
Media in category "Huni"
The following 9 files are in this category, out of 9 total.
- Djefatnebti.png 185 × 619; 10 KB
- Huni Slab.png 404 × 599; 53 KB
- Huni-StatueHead BrooklynMuseum.jpg 1,136 × 1,628; 754 KB
- Huni-StatueHead BrooklynMuseum.png 1,136 × 1,628; 3.23 MB
- Huni.png 948 × 805; 11 KB
- Huni1.png 579 × 1,152; 29 KB
- Huni2.png 948 × 805; 11 KB
- Hunikegel.png 1,135 × 1,682; 23 KB
- MetjenHuni.png 909 × 925; 15 KB