Jump to navigation Jump to search
English: The interstellar medium is matter that occupies the vast space between the stars in a galaxy. Similarly, matter that exists in the space between galaxies is called the intergalactic medium.
matter and radiation in the space between the star systems in a galaxy
|Instance of||term (astrophysics),|
astronomical object type
|Subclass of||outer space,|
|Part of||outer space|
This category has the following 6 subcategories, out of 6 total.
Media in category "Interstellar medium"
The following 6 files are in this category, out of 6 total.
- Distribution of Matter in Interstellar Medium.png 504 × 642; 14 KB
- Milky Way 360 equirectangular rendering with foreground stars removed.png 8,000 × 4,000; 56.96 MB
- Milky Way 360-degree rendering with foreground stars removed.png 8,000 × 4,000; 55.04 MB
- Oumuamua.png 1,182 × 1,182; 305 KB
- PrimaryH3OPathways.png 299 × 237; 8 KB
- Uncertain size-frequency distribution of interstellar visitors.jpg 2,567 × 1,817; 606 KB