Category:LST-1146 (ship, 1945)
From Wikimedia Commons, the free media repository
- USS LST-1146
- Laid down, 10 February 1945, at Chicago Bridge and Iron Co., Seneca, IL.
- Launched, 11 May 1945
- Commissioned, 30 May 1945
- Renamed USS SUMMIT COUNTY (LST-1146), 1 July 1955
- Decommissioned in late 1969, at San Diego, CA.
- Transferred to MARAD in December 1969 for lay up in the National Defense Reserve Fleet, Suisun Bay, Benecia, CA.
- Struck from the Naval Register, 1 November 1976
- Sold under terms of the Security Assistance Program, to Ecuador, 14 February 1977, renamed HUALCOPO (T-55), subsequently renumbered (T-61) and again to (TR-61)
- Suffered an on-board fire in 1998
- Active duty as a coastal transport
Media in category "LST-1146 (ship, 1945)"
This category contains only the following file.
- USS LST-1146.jpg 546 × 480; 45 KB