Category:LST-138 (ship, 1944)
- USS LST-138
- Laid down, 27 October 1943, at American Bridge Co., Ambridge, PA.
- Launched, 30 December 1943
- Commissioned USS LST-138, 5 February 1944
- Sold for conversion to merchant service, 16 June 1947, to Three Star Line, Inc., Lake Charles, LA.
- Purchased by the Irgun Etzel (Jewish freedom fighters), named Altalena, used to transport passengers and arms during a truce
- Final Disposition, shelled and burned on the beach at Tel Aviv, Israel during the Israeli War for Independence, 20 June 1948, blown up by the Haganah
Media in category "LST-138 (ship, 1944)"
This category contains only the following file.
- Altalena lst 138.jpg 640 × 414; 119 KB