Category:LST-538 (ship, 1944)
- Type: Tank Landing Ship
- Design by:
- Order date:
- Built by: Missouri Valley Bridge and Iron Co., Evansville, IN.
- Yard No:
- Keel laid: 29.10.1943
- Launch date: 05.01.1944
- Commissioned as USS LST-538: 14.02.1944
- Length over all: 100 m
- LPP: m
- Beam: 15.2 m
- Draught: 3 m (landing w/500 ton load)
- DWT: 1,625 t.(lt), 4,080 t.(fl) (sea-going draft w/1675 ton load)
- NET: varied with mission - payloads between 1600 and 1900 tons
- Main engine: two General Motors 12-567, 900hp diesel engines, two shafts, twin rudders
- Speed: 12 kn
- Crew: 7 officers, 104 enlisted
- 1944 Named: LST 538 for US Navy
- 04.1944 Assigned to the Europe-Africa-Middle East Theater and participated in Convoy UGS-36
- 06.1944 Invasion of Normandy
- 11.06.1944 Torpedoed by German submarine
- 11.1944 Decommissioned and transferred to the United Kingdom, commissioned as HM LST-538
- Worked down the Arakan coast of Burma as part of "W" Task Force. Participated in the recapture of Rangoon, before proceeding to the eventual invasion of Malaya at Morib and Port Swettenham, and so to Singapore and Bangkok etc. doing relief work repatriating ex P.O.W.s of the Japanese
- 16.03.1946 Paid off Singapore and returned to US Navy custody at Subic Bay, Philippines, struck from the Naval Register.
- 05.12.1947 Sold to Bosey, Philippines
Media in category "LST-538 (ship, 1944)"
This category contains only the following file.