Category:LST-980 (ship, 1944)
From Wikimedia Commons, the free media repository
- USS LST 980
- Laid down, 9 December 1943, at Boston Navy Yard, Boston, MA.
- Launched, 27 January 1944
- Commissioned , 26 February 1944
- Named USS MEEKER COUNTY (LST-980), 1 July 1955
- Decommissioned, 16 December 1955, at Green Cove Springs, FL. Laid up in the Atlantic Reserve Fleet, Florida Group, Green Cove Springs
- Transferred to Atlantic Reserve Fleet, Philadelphia, PA. in October 1961
- Recommissioned, 23 September 1966, at Baltimore, MD.
- Decommissioned, December 1970 at Bremerton, WA.
- Struck from the Naval Register, 1 April 1975
- Sold for scrapping by Defense Reutilization and Marketing Service (DRMS), 1 December 1975
- Sold to Max Rouse & Sons, Beverly Hills, California, taken in hand by Marine Industries, Tacoma, WA. and converted for commercial use
- Sold in 1976 to Landing System Technology Pte. Ltd., Singapore (Lauritz Kloster, Norway) and renamed MV LST 3
- Arrived at Piraeus, Greece having been acquired by Maritime & Commercial Co. Argonaftis S.A., Panama (Greek flag), 30 June 1978 and renamed PETROLA 143
- Final Disposition, arrived in tow at Aliaga, Turkey for demolition by Seltas A.S., 7 August 1996
Media in category "LST-980 (ship, 1944)"
This category contains only the following file.