The relic was found two miles north of the village of Holicong,so near the Old York Road in Pennsylvania. Bernard Hansell, a farmer, while ploughing near Mechanicsville, Bucks County, Pa., discovered the larger fragment in 1872, and the smaller one in 1881, how he sold one and gave the other to Henry D. Paxson of Holicong, Pa., how many persons saw both pieces in 1882.
Media in category "Lenape Stone"
The following 2 files are in this category, out of 2 total.
- HOTCHKIN(1892) p344 The Lenape Stone or the Indian and the Mammoth.jpg 1,581 × 1,408; 1.23 MB
- Lenape Stone.gif 522 × 211; 56 KB