Category:Lightning (ship, 1854)
From Wikimedia Commons, the free media repository
- Type: Clipper
- Design by:
- Order date:
- Built by: Donald McKay, East Boston, MA, USA
- Yard No:
- Keel laid:
- Launch date: 03.01.1854
- Date of completion: 1854
- Length over all: 74 m
- LPP: 68.9 m
- Beam: 13.4 m
- Draught: 7.9 m
- GRT: 2084
- Sail area:
- Main engine:
- Speed: kn
- 1854 Named: LIGHTNING for the Black Ball Line (James Baines & Co.), Liverpool.
- 30.11.1862 Struck a previous unrecorded submerged rock near Point Nepean at Port Phillips Head. At the time the Lightning had a cargo of 4372 bales of wool and 18.650 oz. of gold. The received damage to the forefoot and keel was quickly repaired.
- 1867 Sold to Thomas Harrison, Liverpool, but continued to sail for the Black Ball Line.
- 31.10.1869 Burned while loading wool at Geelong.
Media in category "Lightning (ship, 1854)"
The following 6 files are in this category, out of 6 total.