form of audio post-production
|Instance of||recording industry term,|
|Part of||music production|
Mastering, a form of audio post-production, is the process of preparing and transferring recorded audio from a source containing the final mix to a data storage device (the master); the source from which all copies will be produced (via methods such as pressing, duplication or replication).
The format of choice these days is digital masters, although analog masters, such as audio tapes, are still being used by the manufacturing industry and a few engineers who specialize in analog mastering.
This category has the following 11 subcategories, out of 11 total.
- Surround mastering (2 F)
Media in category "Mastering"
The following 8 files are in this category, out of 8 total.
- 64studio-screenshot-mini.png 500 × 400; 30 KB
- Assem Binni Photos 2.jpg 5,184 × 2,912; 1.02 MB
- Lemon Juice Records Brands.jpg 820 × 312; 40 KB
- Memphis Sun Studios cutting machine.jpg 2,314 × 1,739; 2.65 MB
- Memphis Sun Studios record master.jpg 3,000 × 4,000; 2.59 MB
- Optimum-mix-levels-for-mast.jpg 400 × 533; 57 KB
- Pat Keane Mastering.jpg 1,800 × 1,800; 1.83 MB
- Schema generico di un Fonoincisore.JPG 1,001 × 454; 97 KB