From Wikimedia Commons, the free media repository
English: Nawa-I-Barakzayi District or Trek Nawa is an administrative district in Helmand Province, Afghanistan located south of the provincial capital of Lashkar Gah along the Helmand River. It is bordered by the districts of Lashkar Gah, Nad Ali, Garmsir, and Rig, as well as the provinces of Nimruz and Kandahar. It falls within the area known as Pashtunistan, (land of the Pashtuns), an area comprising most of southeast Afghanistan and northwest Pakistan. The dominant language is Pashto and many of the 89,000 residents practice the traditional code of Pashtunwali. Nawa-I-Barakzayi's name reflects the dominant Pashtun tribe in the district, the Barakzai. Prior to the 1970s, it was called Shamalan after a small village at the south end of the district
This category has the following 5 subcategories, out of 5 total.
Media in category "Nawa-I-Barakzayi District"
The following 60 files are in this category, out of 60 total.
- 091104-M-5160M-057.jpg 989 KB
- Abdul Manaf at FOB Geronimo.jpg 4.25 MB
- Afghan dumper truck.jpg 744 KB
- HMLA-369 Pilots Memorial.jpg 2.22 MB
- HMLA-369 Pilots Memorial2.jpg 2.07 MB
- Meeting in the Nawa District.jpg 3.41 MB
- School in Nawa-i-Barakzai.jpg 1.06 MB
- Sheer Mohammad Zazi in Nawa.jpg 1.79 MB
- Sole Survey (8070615440).jpg 3.78 MB
- Tractor in Afghanistan.jpg 1.07 MB
- USMC-090705-M-2517W-003.jpg 300 KB
- USMC-100108-M-2934T-1680.jpg 818 KB
- USMC-100108-M-2934T-1739.jpg 783 KB
- USMC-100108-M-2934T-2044.jpg 940 KB
- USMC-100903-M-1558F-189.jpg 727 KB
- USMC-120407-M-XZ164-263.jpg 1.89 MB