Normandy (French: Normandie; Norman: Nourmaundie; originally from the word for *Northman in several Scandinavian languages). It has been a province of the Kingdom of France (between 353 and the French Revolution that abolished provinces in favor of departments), while the older Duchy of Normandy included the Channel Islands too.
Its French part was administratively subdivided until end 2015 into two administrative regions grouping its departments: Lower Normandy (Basse-Normandie) and Upper Normandy (Haute-Normandie); since 2016 these two regions have been merged and simply named Région Normandie.
The remaining part, formerly officially named the Channel Islands, was a single dependency of the British Crown but it is now also split into two separate territorial units, locally administered by their own states).
This category has the following 10 subcategories, out of 10 total.
- ► Clocks in Normandy (3 C, 2 F)
- ► Squares in Normandy (2 C)
- ► Things named after Normandy (1 C)
Pages in category "Normandy"
This category contains only the following page.
Media in category "Normandy"
The following 8 files are in this category, out of 8 total.
- Dairy cow in France.jpg 3,264 × 2,448; 2.59 MB
- De landing in Normandië.jpg 1,836 × 3,264; 1.32 MB
- Dolmen de la Pierre Fortière (Rouvray-Eure) Document Jean-Claude Staigre.jpg 2,338 × 1,833; 2.57 MB
- Gautier.jpg 1,467 × 974; 769 KB
- Henley Park, Pirbright, United Kingdom (Unsplash).jpg 4,543 × 3,407; 1,018 KB
- Meule en poudingue coll.J.C.S.jpg 5,120 × 3,840; 5.77 MB
- Virginia National Guard (21028912343).jpg 2,035 × 3,073; 4.12 MB
- Virginia National Guard (28398639926).jpg 1,600 × 2,400; 3.08 MB