Normandy (French: Normandie; Norman: Nourmaundie; originally from the word for *Northman in several Scandinavian languages). It has been a province of the Kingdom of France (between 353 and the French Revolution that abolished provinces in favor of departments), while the older Duchy of Normandy included the Channel Islands too.
Its French part was administratively subdivided until end 2015 into two administrative regions grouping its departments: Lower Normandy (Basse-Normandie) and Upper Normandy (Haute-Normandie); since 2016 these two regions have been merged and simply named Région Normandie.
The remaining part, formerly officially named the Channel Islands, was a single dependency of the British Crown but it is now also split into two separate territorial units, locally administered by their own states).
historical province and cultural region now in France and the Channel Islands
|Instance of||historical province of France|
|Location||France, Jersey, Guernsey|
This category has the following 11 subcategories, out of 11 total.
- ► Squares in Normandy (2 C)
- ► Things named after Normandy (2 C)
Pages in category "Normandy"
This category contains only the following page.
Media in category "Normandy"
The following 9 files are in this category, out of 9 total.
- 1697 Armes Bonnechose déposées Hozier.jpg 3,120 × 4,160; 2.48 MB
- 1697 Armes de Bonnechose déposées Hozier - détail.png 719 × 810; 918 KB
- 1855 Armes de Bonnechose.png 256 × 337; 159 KB
- 1864 Armes de Bonnechose - Armorial des Archevêques de Rouen.png 545 × 601; 549 KB
- 1864 Armes de Bonnechose - Discours à Rome.png 287 × 361; 181 KB
- 1882 Armes de Bonnechose - Henri Cardinal de Rouen.png 298 × 389; 260 KB
- Louis Charles de Bonnechose.png 592 × 1,023; 957 KB
- Louis-Gaston de Bonnechose.png 482 × 641; 586 KB