geographical and cultural region of France
|49° 07′ 20.42″ N, 0° 26′ 11.92″ W|
Normandy (French: Normandie; Norman: Nourmaundie; originally from the word for *Northman in several Scandinavian languages). It has been a province of the Kingdom of France (between 353 and the French Revolution that abolished provinces in favor of departments), while the older Duchy of Normandy included the Channel Islands too.
Its French part was administratively subdivided until end 2015 into two administrative regions grouping its departments: Lower Normandy (Basse-Normandie) and Upper Normandy (Haute-Normandie); since 2016 these two regions have been merged and simply named Région Normandie.
The remaining part, formerly officially named the Channel Islands, was a single dependency of the British Crown but it is now also split into two separate territorial units, locally administered by their own states).
This category has the following 11 subcategories, out of 11 total.
- Channel Islands (17 C, 1 P, 17 F)
- Normandie (16 C, 2 P, 52 F)
- Clocks in Normandy (3 C, 1 F)
- Images of Normandy (1 C)
- Culture of Normandy (12 C, 1 F)
- Geography of Normandy (6 C, 1 F)
- History of Normandy (16 C, 26 F)
- Nature of Normandy (7 C, 1 F)
- Society of Normandy (7 C)
- Squares in Normandy (2 C)
- Things named after Normandy (6 C)
Pages in category "Normandy"
This category contains only the following page.
Media in category "Normandy"
The following 3 files are in this category, out of 3 total.
- Clock Tower at Rouen, Normandy, France.jpg 490 × 735; 50 KB
- Havill Coat of Arms.jpg 564 × 790; 88 KB
- William the Conqueror, Abbey of Jumièges.jpg 3,264 × 2,448; 3.02 MB