An odalisque was a virgin female slave, who could rise in status to being a concubine or a wife in Ottoman palaces, but most of whom tended to the harem of the Sultan. In Western culture during the 19th century, odalisques became common fantasy figures in the artistic movement known as Orientalism, being featured in many erotic paintings from that era.
This category has only the following subcategory.
- ► Odalisques in art (4 C, 6 F)
Media in category "Odalisques"
The following 4 files are in this category, out of 4 total.
- Esther à l'odalisque (1844), de Léon Benouville.jpg 4,272 × 2,848; 2.27 MB
- Lehnert et Landrock - Odalisque, 1904.jpg 400 × 276; 35 KB
- Lehnert et Landrock - Odalisque, Tunisie, vers 1900-1910.jpg 312 × 424; 163 KB
- Odalisque 1900.jpg 1,024 × 660; 99 KB