Category:Old Kilcullen Monastery
Jump to navigation Jump to search
This object is indexed in the Archaeological Survey of Ireland under SMR No. KD028-049001-
Geographic information system of the National Monuments Service: Historic Environment Viewer – Database record.
English: The monastic site at Kilcullen was founded by St. Patrick in the 5th century. The site comprises the ruins of a stone church (mentioned in 1037, burnt down in 1114), a round tower, and two shafts of former high crosses. See Aubrey Gwynn and R. Neville Hadcock: Medieval Religious Houses Ireland, pp. 42.