Category:Olive Switching Station
From Wikimedia Commons, the free media repository
English: The Olive Switching Station — located on San Fernando Road in Sylmar within the northeastern San Fernando Valley, in the City of Los Angeles, California.
- • It is the oldest such station of the Los Angeles Department of Water and Power. It was a key element in the initial power development along the route of the Los Angeles Aqueduct. Built in 1916 and 1917, at the mid-point in the 115 kilovolt (kv) transmission line from San Francisquito Power Plant No. 1 to the central receiving station in the city (now Receiving Station A), the station ensured the reliability of the system by allowing a section of any circuit on which trouble developed to be cut out without affecting service.
- • The Olive Switching Station remains vital to the operation of the San Francisquito power plants No. 1 and No. 2 as well as the facilities that bring water from the Owens Valley and Mono Basin to Los Angeles.
- • Images: HABS—Historic American Buildings Survey in Los Angeles, California.
Media in category "Olive Switching Station"
The following 17 files are in this category, out of 17 total.