Jump to navigation Jump to search
English: A photosphere is the visible surface of a star
visible surface, stellar surface layers (star's outer shell) from which optical radiation escapes; region from which externally received light originates; deepest region of a luminous object, that is transparent to photons of certain wavelengths
|Subclass of||shell of an astronomical object|
|Part of||stellar atmosphere|
Media in category "Photosphere"
The following 6 files are in this category, out of 6 total.
- Active region in the low photosphere - Fe I 5434 Å.png 2,461 × 2,433; 11.72 MB
- Active region in the upper photosphere - Fe I 5434 Å.png 2,500 × 2,500; 6.78 MB
- Idealized photosphere.png 333 × 317; 28 KB
- Sonnen-Aufbau.jpg 1,080 × 1,080; 496 KB
- Sun Atmosphere Temperature and Density SkyLab.jpg 877 × 1,246; 542 KB