Category:Polar regions of the Earth
Jump to navigation Jump to search
regions around the Earth's geographical poles
English: Files relating to the Polar regions of Earth, the regions of the planet that surround its geographical poles (the North and South Poles), lying within the polar circles. These high latitudes are dominated by floating sea ice covering much of the Arctic ocean in the north, and by the Antarctic ice sheet on the continent of Antarctica in the South.
This category has the following 13 subcategories, out of 13 total.
- Polar climate (7 C, 1 P, 40 F)
- Polar glaciers (4 C)
- Polar meteorology (10 C, 72 F)
Pages in category "Polar regions of the Earth"
This category contains only the following page.
Media in category "Polar regions of the Earth"
The following 6 files are in this category, out of 6 total.
- Frozenground.gif 352 × 350; 34 KB
- North Polar Regions of Earth and Mars (4078180319).jpg 1,752 × 2,454; 1.64 MB
- Polar Bear 2004-11-15.jpg 3,131 × 2,370; 1.83 MB
- Pulse of Snow and Sea Ice.ogv 37 s, 1,920 × 1,080; 5.8 MB
- Pygoscelis papua.jpg 400 × 546; 174 KB
- South Polar Regions of Earth and Mars copy (4078180369).jpg 2,046 × 2,796; 2.09 MB