Jump to navigation Jump to search
English: During the 1977 Hearings of the U.S. Senate Select Committee on Intelligence and the Subcommittee on Health and Scientific Research into the Project MKULTRA, it was uncovered that: «Under an agreement reached with the Army in 1952, the Special Operations Division (SOD) at Fort Detrick was to assist CIA in developing, testing, and maintaining biological agents and delivery systems. By this agreement, CIA acquired the knowledge, skill, and facilities of the Army to develop biological weapons suited for CIA use.» On 13 April 1953, Allen Dulles, the Director of Central Intelligence, granted approval to a proposal to develop biological and chemical materials within the program called MKULTRA, which included drugs experiments on unsuspecting individuals. On 27 November 1953, Dr. Frank Olson, a civilian scientist in the employ of the U.S. Army committed suicide after such an experiment. The goals of MKUltra included was the creation of mental disorders including Dissociative Identity Disorder in order to produce amnesia and enhance individuals abilities to withstand torture and coercion.
CIA program of experiments on human subjects
|Instance of||code name,|
human subject research
|Location||United States of America|
|Dissolved, abolished or demolished|
Media in category "Project MKUltra"
The following 7 files are in this category, out of 7 total.
- 02-A-0846RELEASE-mk-ultra.pdf 1,275 × 1,650, 17 pages; 2.24 MB
- Declassified MKULTRA-1.png 558 × 710; 40 KB
- Declassified MKULTRA-2.gif 1,280 × 1,632; 41 KB
- DeclassifiedMKULTRA.jpg 553 × 713; 261 KB
- MKUltra 119.pdf 1,275 × 1,650, 3 pages; 156 KB
- Mkultra-lsd-doc.jpg 440 × 632; 102 KB
- ProjectMKULTRA Senate Report.pdf 1,275 × 1,650, 178 pages; 5.42 MB