Jump to navigation Jump to search
- English: R Sculptoris is a C-type star (carbon star), the primary of a binary star system, which is ejecting a spiral-pattern planetary nebula.
variable star in the constellation Sculptor
|Distance from Earth|
|Right ascension 21.742060930827 degree|
Declination −32.543177147963 degree
Media in category "R Sculptoris"
The following 7 files are in this category, out of 7 total.
- Curious spiral spotted by ALMA around red giant star R Sculptoris (data visualisation).jpg 3,600 × 2,250; 1.99 MB
- Curious spiral spotted by ALMA around red giant star R Sculptoris (eso1239a).tiff 3,600 × 2,250; 48.7 MB
- Model of the evolution of the material around the old star R Sculptoris over 2000 years.ogv 47 s, 1,280 × 720; 4.66 MB
- R Sculptoris A red giant sheds its skin.jpg 1,594 × 1,592; 148 KB
- R Sculptoris and its hidden companion.jpg 1,280 × 1,468; 478 KB
- Slicing through a 3D model of the material around the red giant star R Sculptoris.ogv 44 s, 1,280 × 720; 4.73 MB
- Zooming into the red giant star R Sculptoris.ogv 56 s, 1,280 × 720; 34.43 MB