Republicanism is, in a large sense, a political theory opposed to monarchy. The general terms 'republicanism' and 'republican' are not the same as political affiliation or membership of the Republican Party of the United States and this category is for republicanism and its proponents in all countries and all eras.
This category has the following 8 subcategories, out of 8 total.
- ► Republicanism in France (3 C)
- ► Irish republicanism (12 C, 33 F)
- ► Republicanism in the Netherlands (1 C, 4 F)
- ► Republican Party (United States) (13 C, 1 P, 155 F)
- ► Republicanism in Spain (6 C, 12 F)
- ► Republicanism in the United Kingdom (8 C, 2 F)