Category:Rhodesia and Nyasaland
Jump to navigation Jump to search
English: The Federation of Rhodesia and Nyasaland, also known as the Central African Federation (CAF), was a British colony that existed from 1953 to 1963. It was formed from Southern Rhodesia, Northern Rhodesia, and Nyasaland. In 1963, the former Nyasaland area became independent as Malawi and the former Northern Rhodesia area became independent as Zambia. The remaining area, Southern Rhodesia, became known as Rhodesia and in 1980 gained independence as Zimbabwe.
former country of Africa
|Instance of||historical country,|
dominion of the British Empire
|Basic form of government|
|Dissolved, abolished or demolished date|
This category has the following 7 subcategories, out of 7 total.
- ► Godfrey Martin Huggins (6 F)
- ► Stamps of Rhodesia and Nyasaland (1 C, 2 F)
Media in category "Rhodesia and Nyasaland"
The following 7 files are in this category, out of 7 total.
- 1963 Rhodesia & Nyasaland Aerogramme.jpg 513 × 405; 60 KB
- Natal, Rhodesia, and British East Africa WDL3254.pdf 900 × 3,468, 177 pages; 18.56 MB
- Northern Rhodesian Miners.jpg 640 × 399; 60 KB
- Rhodesia and Nyasaland it.png 660 × 443; 19 KB
- Rhodesia and Nyasaland.png 661 × 446; 30 KB
- Roy welensky.jpg 206 × 326; 18 KB
- Southern Rhodesia Legislative Assembly building, Salisbury.jpg 2,501 × 1,505; 1.66 MB