From Wikimedia Commons, the free media repository
English: Ringforts are fortified settlements that are generally deemed to be from the Iron Age, Early Christian or possibly the Early Medieval period in Northern Europe, especially Ireland. They are also known as ráth, caiseal, cathair and dún in the early Irish sources, and by caher in contemporary archaeological literature of Ireland.
This category has the following 6 subcategories, out of 6 total.
Media in category "Ringforts"
The following 19 files are in this category, out of 19 total.
- Caher black head.jpg 1.07 MB
- Caher dun Irghuis.jpg 1,021 KB
- Cahercommaun close up.jpg 3.13 MB
- Cahercommaun distant view.jpg 2.98 MB
- Cahercommaun info sign.jpg 2.79 MB
- Cahergal 2.jpg 164 KB
- Cahergal.jpg 296 KB
- Cashlaungar from the east.jpg 3.22 MB
- Inisheer - O'Briens.jpg 329 KB
- InishmaanRingfort2.jpg 221 KB