Jump to navigation Jump to search
English: The Skagen Painters were a group of painters who lived, visited and worked in Skagen, Denmark during the late 1800s-early 1900s. They included most notably Peder Severin Krøyer, Marie Triepcke Krøyer Alfvén, Michael Ancher and Anna Ancher, who lived full time in Skagen, plus friends who visited and studied. The wider circle of artists also included writers Holger Drachmann, Georg Brandes, and Henrik Pontoppidan, and composer Hugo Alfvén. They were often gathered at the area's Brøndums Hotel, which is still in operation today.
|Instance of||art colony|
|Category contains||human (painter)|
|Location||Frederikshavn Municipality, North Denmark Region, Denmark|
This category has the following 15 subcategories, out of 15 total.
- ► Oscar Björck (4 C, 1 P, 22 F)
- ► Hip, Hip, Hurrah! (9 F)
- ► Viggo Johansen (2 C, 1 P, 6 F)
- ► Carl Locher (3 C, 1 P)
- ► Thorvald Niss (2 C, 1 P, 6 F)
- ► Laurits Tuxen (5 C, 1 P, 25 F)
Media in category "Skagen Painters"
The following 4 files are in this category, out of 4 total.
- Wilhelm gegerfelt fra skagen østerby 1874.jpg 540 × 315; 38 KB
- Einar hein legende børn på skagens strand 1910.jpg 800 × 616; 115 KB
- Frederik Lange Road to Skagen 1932.jpg 300 × 253; 44 KB
- ANCHER HOUSE INTERIOR - SKAGEN, DENMARK.jpg 3,000 × 1,991; 753 KB