From Wikimedia Commons, the free media repository
English: The smock mill is a type of windmill that consists of a sloping, horizontally weatherboarded tower, usually with six or eight sides, on top of which is a roof or cap, which can rotate to bring the sails into the wind. This type of windmill got its name from its supposed resemblance to the smock worn by farmers in earlier days.
This category has the following 12 subcategories, out of 12 total.
- ► Smock mills with gallery (Stellingmolen) (6 C, 9 F)
- ► Smock mills in Belgium (1 C, 1 F)
- ► Smock mills in Denmark (16 C, 11 F)
- ► Smock mills in England (39 C, 19 F)
- ► Smock mills in Germany (12 C, 2 F)
- ► Smock mills in the Netherlands (14 C, 16 F)
- ► Smock mills in Russia (1 C, 14 F)
- ► Smock mills in the United States (8 C, 7 F)
Media in category "Smock mills"
The following 10 files are in this category, out of 10 total.