Jump to navigation Jump to search
English: The smock mill is a type of windmill that consists of a sloping, horizontally weatherboarded tower, usually with six or eight sides, on top of which is a roof or cap, which can rotate to bring the sails into the wind. This type of windmill got its name from its supposed resemblance to the smock worn by farmers in earlier days.
type of windmill
|Instance of||architectural style|
This category has the following 15 subcategories, out of 15 total.
- ► Smock mills in Belgium (1 C, 1 F)
- ► Smock mills in Denmark (74 C, 1 P, 33 F)
- ► Smock mills in Germany (12 C, 2 F)
- ► Smock mills in the Netherlands (14 C, 17 F)
- ► Smock mills in Russia (2 C, 15 F)
- ► Smock mills in the United States (10 C, 14 F)