Category:Stresemannstraße 128 (Berlin)

From Wikimedia Commons, the free media repository
Jump to: navigation, search
Deutsch: Das Haus Stresemannstraße 128 (bis 1930 Königgrätzer Straße 123) entstand 1913–1916 für das Preußische Landwirtschaftsministerium als Erweiterungsbau. Die erste Planung lieferte der preußische Baubeamte und Architekt de:Traugott von Saltzwedel, dessen Entwurf Wilhelm II. jedoch als "sehr hässlich" verwarf und Saltzwedels Versetzung nach Potsdam sowie seine Ersetzung durch Regierungs- und Baurat Hans Grube bewirkte. Die Parterrezone war ab 1917 an Geschäfte vermietet. Im Zweiten Weltkrieg wurde ein Luftschutzbunker eingebaut und das Gebäude erlitt mehrere Schäden. Durch einen Bombenschaden brachen Fassadenteile heraus und ließen drei Fensterachsen offen, Granatbeschuss beschädigte Innenräume, Bombenerschütterungen verursachten Risse und Putzabstürze, Nachkriegsplünderungen erfassten Elektroteile, Kabel und andere Buntmetalleinrichtungen. 1948 stellte die Konsumgenossenschaft Berlin den Bau wieder her, innen und außen vereinfacht, und nutzte ihn als Zentralverwaltung. Mit dem Mauerbau verschwanden die Reste der Nachbargebäude. Der Eingang und die Parterrefenster wurden vermauert. Der Bau wurde vom rückwärtigen Teil des Grundstücks aus erschlossen. 1991 einmal renoviert begannen 2002 die Planungen des Bundesumweltministeriums (BMU). Unter Leitung Jürgen Pleusers wurde der Bau 2005-2011 saniert und fürs BMU umgebaut und mit dem Neubau Stresemannstraße 130 Ecke Erna-Berger-Straße verbunden. Stresemannstraße 128 und 130 bilden den Berliner Dienstsitz des BMU.
English: The Building Stresemannstraße 128 (addressed Königgrätzer Straße 123 till 1930) was erected from 1913 to 1916 for the Prussian Ministry of Agriculture as a extension to the first office building. Traugott von Saltzwedel, an architect and Prussian official for construction, delivered the first plans, however, William II doomed them very ugly and urged Saltzwedel's transfer from Berlin to Potsdam and his replacement by Government and Construction Councillor (Regierungs- und Baurat) Hans Grube. In 1916 the ministry moved in, from 1917 on the ground floor had been rented out to shops. In World War II a bomb shelter was built in, and the Prussian Agricultural Ministry realised rather minor damages. An air raid caused the dropping of a part of the façade, spreading to thrre window axes, shells damaged interior parts, shaking bomb explosions in the vicinity caused cracks in the walls and plaster falling off. In the early post war years Berliners stole electrical devices, cables and other non-ferrous metal premises from the abandoned building. In 1948 the Konsumgenossenschaft Berlin (Berlin retail cooperative) repaired the building and made it its headquarters. Located in the dead zone on the eastern side of the Berlin Wall its main entrance and ground floor windows were bricked up, a rear entrance became the only access. In 2002 the Federal Ministry for the Environment started plans to make the building part of its Berlin-based department. Following plans and superivision by the architect Jürgen Pleuser the building was renovated and adapted for its new usage, also connected with a new northerly extension on Stresemannstraße 130 at the corner with Erna-Berger-Straße. Both buildings form the Berlin seat of that federal ministry.

Media in category "Stresemannstraße 128 (Berlin)"

The following 27 files are in this category, out of 27 total.