Category:Théâtre de la Gaîté (boulevard du Temple)
|Object location||View all coordinates using: OpenStreetMap - Google Maps - Google Earth - Proximityrama|
English: The Théâtre de la Gaîté on the Boulevard du Temple was a Parisian theatre company originally established in 1759 as the Théâtre de Nicolet, ou des Grands Danseurs by the celebrated Parisian fair-grounds showman Jean-Baptiste Nicolet. At first Nicolet leased an already existing theatre, which he remodeled. Later he built a new theatre, which opened in 1764 and was on the side of the boulevard away from the city and further along in the direction of the Porte Saint-Martin. In 1772 the company took the name of Grands-Danseurs du Roi. However, with the fall of the monarchy and the founding of the First French Republic in 1792, the name was changed to the less politically risky Théâtre de la Gaîté. This theatre was reconstructed in 1808, then destroyed by fire and reconstructed again in 1835. In 1862, during Haussmann's modernization of Paris, the company relocated to a new theatre on the Rue Papin (see Category:Théâtre de la Gaîté).
Media in category "Théâtre de la Gaîté (boulevard du Temple)"
The following 8 files are in this category, out of 8 total.
- Entr'acte at the theatre of Nicolet - Carlson 1966 p167.jpg 1,740 × 1,689; 672 KB
- Foire saint-laurent.jpg 431 × 335; 28 KB
- TheatreGaiteAdolpheMartialPotemont.JPG 1,200 × 900; 294 KB
- Theatres of the boulevard du Temple (with labels) - Walsh 1981 p20.jpg 2,555 × 1,203; 714 KB
- Theatres of the boulevard du Temple - Walsh 1981 p20.jpg 2,555 × 1,203; 677 KB
- Théâtre de la Gaité, Boulevard du Temple, Paris, ca. 1855.jpg 2,890 × 2,764; 5.72 MB
- Théâtre de la Gaîté (boulevard du Temple) 1835–1862 - Pougin 1885 p115.jpg 1,436 × 1,080; 426 KB