Category:The Blue Peter Hotel
|This category shows a South African Protected Site with SAHRA file reference NEW.|
English: The Blue Peter Hotel in Bloubergstrand is one of the oldest sites in the area. It dates back to the late 19th century where it first started out as a tearoom by George Henry Stevenson and his wife Fanali. It was later transformed in to a boarding house and in 1949 it was purchased by a Polish couple who converted it into one of Cape Towns finest dining establishments with an extensive seafood menu and nautical feel. The figurehead from Lord Nelson's ship was found on the beach close to the hotel in 1945 and was put on display for all to see. Today the Blue Peter hotel remains as a reminder of how the area of Blaauwberg started out, as a little seaside village.
Media in category "The Blue Peter Hotel"
The following 4 files are in this category, out of 4 total.