Category:The Mint, Carlingford
English: The Mint. A fortified three-storey town house belonging to a wealthy merchant family in the centre of Carlingford. While the right to mint coinage was not granted to Carlingford until 1467, it is unlikely that it was actually used as a mint. The most interesting feature is the five highly decorated limestone windows. The patterns and motifs are an example of the influence of the Celtic Renaissance on art during the 16th century.
Media in category "The Mint, Carlingford"
The following 5 files are in this category, out of 5 total.
- Carlingford Mint.jpg 3,264 × 2,448; 854 KB
- Mint Carlingford.jpg 480 × 640; 82 KB
- The mint Carlingford - geograph.org.uk - 985670.jpg 412 × 640; 103 KB
- The Mint Carlingford - geograph.org.uk - 985676.jpg 428 × 640; 78 KB
- The Mint Carlingford by Night.jpg 3,264 × 2,448; 545 KB