Category:Thomas Charles Hope
Jump to navigation Jump to search
English: Thomas Charles Hope FRSE FRS PRCPE FFPSG (21 July 1766 – 13 June 1844) was a Scottish physician and chemist. He discovered the element strontium, and gave his name to Hope's Experiment, which shows that water reaches its maximum density at 4°C.
Scottish physician and chemist
|Date of birth||21 July 1766|
|Date of death||13 June 1844|
|Country of citizenship|
Media in category "Thomas Charles Hope"
The following 5 files are in this category, out of 5 total.
- Bust of Thomas Charles Hope by Sir John Steell, Old College, University of Edinburgh.jpg 2,056 × 3,088; 670 KB
- Portrait of Thomas Charles Hope. Wellcome M0009766.jpg 2,894 × 3,639; 5.22 MB
- Thomas Charles Hope. Mezzotint by T. Hodgetts after H. Raebu Wellcome L0014767.jpg 1,158 × 1,586; 447 KB
- Thomas Charles Hope. Mezzotint by T. Hodgetts after H. Raebu Wellcome V0006520.jpg 2,244 × 3,170; 1.68 MB
- Thomas Charles Hope.jpg 2,220 × 2,687; 1.79 MB