From Wikimedia Commons, the free media repository
English: Twin bridges are a set of two bridges running parallel to each other. A pair of twin bridges is often referred to collectively as a twin-span or dual-span bridge. Bridges of this type are often created by building a new bridge parallel to an existing one in order to increase the traffic capacity of the crossing. While most twin-span bridges consist of two identical bridges, this is not always the case. The two bridges that form the Chesapeake Bay Bridge, for example, have several differences, most notably in the number of lanes each carries. The longest twin-span bridge is the Lake Pontchartrain Causeway in Louisiana.
This category has the following 17 subcategories, out of 17 total.
- ► Bridge 777 (1 F)
- ► Chesapeake Bay Bridge (49 F)
- ► Finland Railway Bridge (17 F)
- ► Interstate Bridge (49 F)
- ► Jefferson Barracks Bridge (8 F)
- ► Krasnoyarsk railway bridge (13 F)
- ► Massantebrücke (2 F)
- ► South Grand Island Bridge (2 F)
- ► Twin bridges in the United States (22 C, 22 F)
Media in category "Twin bridges"
The following 8 files are in this category, out of 8 total.