Category:USS Liberty (AGTR-5)
Jump to navigation Jump to search
English: USS Liberty (AGTR-5) was a Belmont-class signals intellignce ship. On the afternoon of 8 June 1967, while in international waters off the Sinai Peninsula in the Mediterranean Sea, Liberty was attacked and damaged by Israeli forces; 34 crewmen were killed and 173 wounded. Considerable controversy surrounds this attack, it became known as the USS Liberty incident.
Belmont-class technical research ship
|Instance of||technical research ship|
|Location||United States of America|
|Service entry|| |
|Service retirement|| |
This category has the following 2 subcategories, out of 2 total.
Media in category "USS Liberty (AGTR-5)"
The following 6 files are in this category, out of 6 total.
- USS Liberty (AGTR-5) at the Norfolk Naval Shipyard on 2 October 1966 (NH 66862).jpg 5,687 × 4,229; 10 MB
- USS Liberty (AGTR-5) insignia, 1964 (NH 83352-KN).png 669 × 588; 578 KB
- USS Liberty (AGTR-5) underway in Chesapeake Bay on 29 July 1967 (K-39927).jpg 5,619 × 4,174; 8.89 MB
- USS Liberty (AGTR-5), broadside view, circa 1965.jpg 5,794 × 2,122; 3.46 MB
- USS Liberty (AGTR-5), circa in 1966 (NH 97473).jpg 5,692 × 4,269; 7.74 MB
- Usslibertyinsignia.jpg 686 × 606; 297 KB