|Subclass of||Karluk languages|
|Part of||Turkic languages|
|Location||Uzbekistan, Afghanistan, Tajikistan, Kyrgyzstan, Kazakhstan, Turkmenistan, Russia, Turkey, People's Republic of China|
|ISO 639-1 code|| |
Uzbek (oʻzbek tili or oʻzbekcha in Latin script; ўзбек тили or ўзбекча in Cyrillic script; اوزبیک تیلی or اوزبیکچه in Arabic script) is a Turkic language and the official (state) language of Uzbekistan, and one of the three official languages in Afghanistan. It is a widely spoken language in Central Asia. Uzbek has more than 32 million native speakers globally and is spoken by the Uzbeks in Uzbekistan, and elsewhere in Central Asia. Uzbek belongs to the Eastern Turkic, or Karluk, language group of the Altaic language family. The Uzbek language gets its lexicon and grammar mostly from Turkic languages. Other influences rose from Persian, Arabic and Russian. Along with Uyghur it used to be named as Türkiy or Chighatay Türkiy tili before 1924, when the latter was divided into Uzbek (in Soviet Union) and Uyghur in China. One of the most distinguishing aspects of Uzbek from other Turkic languages is its rounding of the vowel.
This category has the following 10 subcategories, out of 10 total.
- ► Uzbek dictionaries (13 F)
- ► Files using the Uzbek language (1 C)
- ► Maps in Uzbek (1 F)
- ► Screenshots with Uzbek (1 C)
Pages in category "Uzbek language"
This category contains only the following page.
Media in category "Uzbek language"
The following 13 files are in this category, out of 13 total.
- H va X.png 572 × 91; 11 KB
- Idioma uzbeko.png 360 × 294; 26 KB
- ISO 639 Icon uz.svg 400 × 180; 602 bytes
- KB Uzbek Cyrillic.svg 900 × 300; 51 KB
- Lenguas karluk.png 406 × 300; 8 KB
- Onatili.png 200 × 40; 5 KB
- PeaceCorpsUzbek.djvu 1,700 × 2,197, 215 pages; 1.13 MB
- Uzbek language in nastaliq.jpg 1,588 × 1,656; 190 KB
- Uzbek language in Uzbek Wikipedia.JPG 917 × 520; 81 KB
- Uzbek language.png 327 × 234; 25 KB
- Wikipedia Welcome message - Southern Uzbek.png 2,546 × 1,010; 145 KB
- Wiktionary-logo-uz-new.png 391 × 474; 103 KB
- Yengi yol-33.png 743 × 491; 184 KB