Jump to navigation Jump to search
English: Flavius Placidius Valentinianus (July 2, 419 – March 16, 455), known in English as Valentinian III, was among the last Western Roman Emperors (425–455). Born in western capital of Ravenna, Valentinian was the only son of later Emperor Constantius III and Galla Placidia, daughter of the Emperor Theodosius I and granddaughter of Emperor Valentinian I. After the death of his father (421), he followed his mother and his sister (Justa Grata Honoria) to Constantinople, when Galla broke with her brother, Emperor Honorius, and went to live at the court of Theodosius II.
emperor of the Western Roman Empire (419-455)
|Name in native language||Flavius Placidius Valentinianus|
|Date of birth||2 July 419|
Ravenna (Roman Italy, Western Roman Empire (395-476 AD))
|Date of death||16 March 455|
|Manner of death|
|Country of citizenship|
This category has the following 3 subcategories, out of 3 total.
- Battle of Chalons (1 P, 26 F)
- Coins of Valentinianus III (65 F)
Pages in category "Valentinianus III"
This category contains only the following page.
Media in category "Valentinianus III"
The following 10 files are in this category, out of 10 total.
- Attila il flagello di Dio (1954) Claude Laydu.png 1,436 × 1,074; 1.43 MB
- Illvstrivm imagines (1517) (14596374537).jpg 1,812 × 2,716; 1.3 MB
- Nuremberg chronicles f 137r 1.jpg 261 × 1,251; 135 KB
- Valentinianiiicng01022obverse.jpg 1,247 × 1,199; 962 KB
- Valentinianiiicng01178obverse.jpg 1,283 × 1,257; 1.18 MB
- Valentiniano-iii.jpg 313 × 405; 72 KB
- Valentinianus III.jpg 246 × 163; 13 KB