Jump to navigation Jump to search
English: Flavius Placidius Valentinianus (July 2, 419 – March 16, 455), known in English as Valentinian III, was among the last Western Roman Emperors (425–455). Born in western capital of Ravenna, Valentinian was the only son of later Emperor Constantius III and Galla Placidia, daughter of the Emperor Theodosius I and granddaughter of Emperor Valentinian I. After the death of his father (421), he followed his mother and his sister (Justa Grata Honoria) to Constantinople, when Galla broke with her brother, Emperor Honorius, and went to live at the court of Theodosius II.
Emperor of the Western Roman Empire
|Name in native language||Flavius Placidius Valentinianus|
|Date of birth||2 July 419|
Ravenna (Roman Italy, Western Roman Empire)
|Date of death||16 March 455|
Rome (Western Roman Empire)
|Manner of death|
|Country of citizenship|
This category has the following 4 subcategories, out of 4 total.
- ► Battle of Chalons (1 P, 20 F)
- ► Coins of Valentinianus III (46 F)
- ► Licinia Eudoxia (1 C, 1 P, 1 F)
Pages in category "Valentinianus III"
This category contains only the following page.
Media in category "Valentinianus III"
The following 9 files are in this category, out of 9 total.
- Brescia medallion (Garrucci).jpg 176 × 176; 18 KB
- Brescia medallion.png 304 × 307; 156 KB
- Galla Placidia (rechts) und ihre Kinder.jpg 1,407 × 1,438; 2.04 MB
- Illvstrivm imagines (1517) (14596374537).jpg 1,812 × 2,716; 1.3 MB
- Nuremberg chronicles f 137r 1.jpg 261 × 1,251; 135 KB
- Valentiniano-iii.jpg 313 × 405; 72 KB
- Valentinianus III.jpg 246 × 163; 13 KB