Commons:Batch uploading/US Army Research Laboratory Eniac
From Wikimedia Commons, the free media repository
US Army Research Laboratory Eniac
- Source to upload from:
- URL pattern http://ftp.arl.army.mil/ftp/historic-computers/png/, http://ftp.arl.army.mil/ftp/historic-computers/jpeg/
- No idea whether the site as an API
- Site owner states (at http://ftp.arl.mil/ftp/historic-computers/) 'All photos marked "U. S. Army Photo" are in the public domain, and may be used without fee, provided that each use is marked "U. S. Army Photo". All diagrams marked "U. S. Army Diagram" are in the public domain, and may be used without fee, provided that each use is marked "U. S. Army Diagram".'
- Describe the works to be uploaded in detail (audio files, images by …):
- Images (PNGs are high-res, also lo-res GIF, JPG): those which are photos should ideally be converted to JPG)
- I only count around 20 such images, so please state if that's too few for a batch upload to be considered.
- There are a few duplicates within Category:ENIAC, but I gather that the batch proposal equivalents are generally of better quality.
- Which license tag(s) should be applied?
- Is there a template that could be used on the file description pages? Do you think a special template should be created?
- Not that I know of... possibly something about ENIAC
- Done I uploaded the PNGs for all of the non-duplicate photos that were identified as public domain (13 photos) BMacZero (talk) 05:02, 16 May 2015 (UTC)
|Assigned to||Progress||Bot name||Category|