Commons:Walters Art Museum
|Main||Categorization||Metadata Cleanup||Metadata feedback|
The Walters Art Museum is a public art museum located in Baltimore, Maryland, United States. Its permanent collection includes more than 22,000 objects ranging from ancient art from around the world including pieces from Egypt, Rome and Greece. Other periods include Medieval, Renaissance, paintings up to the 19th-century, Chinese ceramics and bronzes and Art Deco decorative arts. The images being contributed to Wikimedia Commons showcase these objects, taken by professional object photographers.
On February 2, 2012, Walters Art Museum adopted Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 license for all text and images published on their website art.thewalters.org and began working with Wikimedia Commons on mass upload of over 18 thousand images. On March 26, uploading was completed.
- User:Dylan k from Walters Art Museum
- User:File Upload Bot (Kaldari) run by User:Kaldari, image upload
- User:Jarekt after-upload metadata internationalization and categorization
- User:Aude metadata preparation
- User:Jeremyb technical assistance
- SarahStierch online and offline support, categorization
- Category:Collections of the Walters Art Museum contains all sub-categorized images of Walters Art Museum collections.
- Category:Media contributed by the Walters Art Museum contains 18,545 images donated by the museum and a few temporary maintenance categories.
Please report metadata errors at Commons:Walters Art Museum/error report.