Wiki Loves Earth in Nigeria
Wiki Loves Earth is an international photographic contest that focus on natural heritage sites, and landscape. The contest is organized worldwide by Wikimedia affiliates and recognized Wikimedia User Groups. The public takes photos of heritage sites, upload those to Wikimedia Commons, and then they can be used on Wikipedia and elsewhere.
This is the third time Nigeria will be participating in the contest and it would be held during 1 May — 30 June 2019. In the first edition and second edition, over 1000 quality images were uploaded by participants in Nigeria. Everyone is welcome to get involved, whether as a participant (photographer), organizational volunteer, or both.
Join us to contribute free-licensed images of natural heritages in Nigeria.
- Wiki Loves Earth Nigeria Team
- Olaniyan Olushola Project Coordinator
- T Cells (Technical Manager)
- Kaizenify (Jury Coordinator)
- Agbalagba (Logistics manager)
- ShawlArchitunde (Marketing manager)
- Help Us
- Tell your friends
- Share on your social networks (Facebook, Twitter, Google+, etc) using Our social media hashtags: #WLENigeria #WLE2019
- Write a blog post about us
- Take part in the contest
- Invite us the national park or natural heritage site you manage
- Send us a message OR join us via firstname.lastname@example.org
- NGN 250,000 Voucher
- NGN 150,000 Voucher
- NGN 100,000 Voucher
Note To qualify for a prize, participants must upload at least 50 high quality photos of Natural heritage sites, parks, cave, wide life, landmarks, and rivers.
- Start date: 1 May 2019
- End date : 30 June 2019
- Results: 15 July 2019
Prizes will be awarded to best three images.
- Other categories
- Top 10 contributors (by number of photographs) will be rewarded with WLE T-shirt.
Please join our facebook page and twitter page for updates and other news. For any queries regarding the competition and technical support please contact at email@example.com
Detailed information about the competition can be found at our official pages linked below:
|Official Google+ |
|images uploaded in the entire contest period.
All entries must be your own work
All photos must be uploaded within June 2019, to be eligible
All photos must be licensed CC BY-SA 4.0
Participants must have an active email account, if the organizers wish to contact.
- How to participate
Prepare your photos of any Nigerian natural heritage site
Sign in or Create a New Account on Wikimedia Commons
Name your photos well
Use our Upload Button at the top OR Click here to upload as many as you can
Share your upload success on social media with our hashtags: #WLENigeria #WLE2019.
And wait patiently for the results! All the best!
Photos to Upload
- Any Nigerian Natural Heritage Site, some below
List of national parks of Nigeria
- Ponds, River and lakes
- Asejire Reservoir
- Lake Chad
- Oguta Lake
- River Niger
- River Benue
- Ogun River
- Osun River
- Ogunpa River
- Erinle River
- Ose River
- Kam River
- Kai River
- Cross river
- Ampidong Lake
- Faro River
- Kaduna River
- Oju River
- Katsina Ala River
- Agulu Lake Anambra State
- Nike Lake Enugu state
- Ikogosi Warm water Spring
- River Ethiope Delta State
- Jabi Lake Abuja
- Forests in Nigeria
- Sambisa forest
- Kamuku Forest Kaduna
- Yan Mangu Forest Zamfara
- Edumanom Forest Bayelsa
- Osun Sacred Grove forest Osun
- Yankari Game Reserve, Bauchi
- Igbele Forest, Delta
- Falgore Forest, Kano
- Ngwo Pine Forest, Ngwo, Enugu
- Game Reserves
- Borgu Game Reserve - Kogi
- Boshi Game Reserve - Cross River
- Folgore Games Reserve - Kano
- Karimbela Game Reserves - Taraba
- Okwangwo Game Reserve - Cross River
- Sambisa Game Reserve - Borno
- Upper Ogun Games Reserve - Oyo
- Wikki Lake Burra Game Reserve - Bauchi
3 Yankari Game Reserve - Bauchi
- Note: More with Detail.....
- Places of religious worship
- Fashion icons
- Public art in public spaces
- Art. All forms.
Tour Nigeria (Principal partner