Commons:Wikimaps/Wikimaps Tartu–Hong Kong
Wikimaps Tartu–Hong Kong is a series of events where the Wikimaps process will be demonstrated.
- Workshop at the State of the Map Baltics, Tartu, Aug 4, 2013, 9:30 EEST (23:30 PDT (Aug 3), 2:30 EDT, 7:30 BST, 8:30 CEST, 9:30 EEST, 12:00 IST, 14:30 HKT)
- Old Tartu maps have been uploaded to Wikimedia Commons by Rahvusarhiiv (National Archives), Rahvusraamatukogu (National Library) and the Library of Tartu University.
- Workshopping reuse possibilities for old Tartu maps
- Workshop notes
- Wikimaps geodata roundtable at the DevCamp in Wikimania, Hong Kong, Aug 7, 2013, 15:30 HKT (0:30 PDT, 3:30 EDT, 8:30 BST, 9:30 CEST, 10:30 EEST, 13:00 IST)
- Hangout in https://plus.google.com/hangouts/_/dcd3bd7efa088a942da3e05c18ec55d492ba2b81?hl=fi will start today at 15:30 HKT
- Demonstrating georeferencing the Tartu maps with the Wikimaps warper
- The roundtable agenda: http://wmfi.muistio.tieke.fi/5 If you want to propose a topic or let us know you are coming, please scribble here!
- A hangout most possibly... Write in the pad if you are interested.
- Wikimaps presentation Aug 10, 2013, 16:00 HKT (BST 9:00 - CEST 10:00 - EEST 11:00 - IST 13:30)
- Open Historical Map code sprint later that night during daytime in the US (~ 00:00 HKT = 12:00 EDT = 9:00 PDT)
- Demonstrating the digitizing process together with the OHM, using the Tartu maps.
- Presentation pad
- Wikimaps Warper
- Select any of the maps above and click open it.
- Click on the warper link (first row in the metadata)
- You will be transferred to Wikimaps Warper to view the map overlaid on a map or to have it rectified if it has not previously been so.
- Open Historical Map
Try out digitizing a historical map
- In Wikimaps Warper, viewing your maps, select 'export' tab.
- Copy the link 'Tiles (Google/OSM scheme)'
- Goto Open Historical map. Register if needed
- Goto your location (Click on http://www.openhistoricalmap.org/edit?lat=58.37980&lon=26.72333&zoom=18 for Tartu)
- Click on "Edit map"
- Select layer icon on the left edge or hit 'b'
- Select Custom
- Paste the link in the dialogue box
- Start editing