Details of paintings in the National Museum in Warsaw
- R. W. Lightbown () Sandro Botticelli: Life and work, University of California Press, p. 25 ISBN: 05-20033-72-8. “During the colouring Botticelli strengthened many of the contours by means of a pointed instrument, probably to give them the bold clarity so characteristic of his linear style.”
- Jamie Anderson, Jörg Reckhenrich, Martin Kupp () "Prestezza - A New Way to Paint" in The Fine Art of Success: How Learning Great Art Can Create Great Business, John Wiley & Sons ISBN: 11-19992-53-2.
- Grażyna Bastek. Admirał młodzieńcem podszyty. Ośrodek Kultury Europejskiej EUROPEUM. Retrieved on 20 June 2013.
- Joyce Townsend , ed. () Preparation for painting: the artist's choice and its consequences, Archetype Publications, p. 105 ISBN: 19-04982-32-8.
- Elizabeth Johns. Keepsakes of the Beloved: Portrait Miniatures and Profiles 1790 to 1840. Washington County Museum of Fine Arts. Retrieved on 20 June 2013.