File:Hb486 dillo big.jpg
Original file (1,416 × 1,212 pixels, file size: 186 KB, MIME type: image/jpeg)
English: Picture of a Gateway Handbook 486 viewing the English-language Wikipedia main page as seen on the GPL-licensed Dillo browser.
Here is the caption for this photo on the English Wikipedia: By using the Dillo web browser, it is possible to view web pages on a Gateway Handbook 486. It is also possible to run Firefox on the Handbook's screen, albeit slowly, by running the browser on another computer, and using the X Window System's ability to run an application over the network.A 12 ounce soft drink aluminium beverage can is included in the picture to give the viewer a sense of this computer's small size.
(Reusing this file)
This image is dual licensed, under both the GFDL and the Creative Commons share alike licenses.
- Camera Kodak CX6230 (automatic consumer-oriented 2 megapixel digital camera)
Notes on taking of photo
- This picture is not a mock-up; the computer was really connected to the internet and viewing the Wikipedia web page with Dillo when this picture was taken.
- This photo was taken with a 35mm-equivalent focal length of roughly 36mm (somewhat wide angle). The night shot mode was enabled, and the built-in flash was disabled. In order to make the contents of the screen more visible, and to minimize camera shake (no tripod was used), the exposure was made one stop darker.
- The image was color-corrected in the GIMP to compensate for the lighting, which had a distinct warm tint to it. In more detail, the blues were made brighter. Additionally, the screen of the laptop was made darker since the image on the screen was a lot brighter than the rest of the picture. The entire picture was then made brighter. Finally, a noise reduction filter was applied to just the blue tones.
|Permission is granted to copy, distribute and/or modify this document under the terms of the GNU Free Documentation License, Version 1.2 or any later version published by the Free Software Foundation; with no Invariant Sections, no Front-Cover Texts, and no Back-Cover Texts. A copy of the license is included in the section entitled GNU Free Documentation License.|
|This file is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 3.0 Unported license.|
|This licensing tag was added to this file as part of the GFDL licensing update.|
|Creative Commons ShareAlike 1.0 GenericCC SA 1.0false|
This screenshot either does not contain copyright-eligible parts or visuals of copyrighted software, or the author has released it under a free license (which should be indicated beneath this notice), and as such follows the licensing guidelines for screenshots of Wikimedia Commons. You may use it freely according to its particular license.
Free software license:
Note: if the screenshot shows any work that is not a direct result of the program code itself, such as a text or graphics that are not part of the program, the license for that work must be indicated separately.
|This work is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by the Free Software Foundation; either version 2 of the License, or any later version. This work is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but without any warranty; without even the implied warranty of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose. See version 2 and version 3 of the GNU General Public License for more details.|
Click on a date/time to view the file as it appeared at that time.
|current||03:05, 21 March 2006||1,416 × 1,212 (186 KB)||Themadchopper||color correction|
|03:59, 23 April 2005||1,416 × 1,212 (271 KB)||Samboy~commonswiki||This is my last revision of this photo (hopefully); I did some more processing of the blue channel to minimize the visible noise; it gives the image a soft surreal look to it, which I like, and also makes the picture look more smooth.|
|02:09, 23 April 2005||1,416 × 1,212 (277 KB)||Samboy~commonswiki||This is a picture of a Gateway Handbook 486 viewing the English-language Wikipedia main page on the morning of April 20, 2005. User:Samboy took this picture himself. This image, on the computer screen, features a screenshot of a Wikipedia web page a|
|09:01, 20 April 2005||1,416 × 1,212 (386 KB)||Samboy~commonswiki||This is a picture of a Gateway Handbook 486 viewing the English-language Wikipedia main page on the morning of April 20, 2005. User:Samboy too this picture himself. This image, on the computer screen, features a screenshot of a Wikipedia web page as|
- You cannot overwrite this file.