Jugendhochschule Bogensee

From Wikimedia Commons, the free media repository
Jump to: navigation, search
Deutsch: Die FDJ-Jugendhochschule im Bogensee, Brandenburg.
English: The youth university at Bogensee Lake, near the village of Lanke. The campus grounds, now mostly forest, were approximately 20 kilometers north-east of Berlin. For much of its history, Bogensee was a relatively unremarkable retreat, with around 100 pupils and following the standard East German university curriculum.

After being transferred to the Free German Youth (FDJ) by President Wilhelm Pieck in 1950, the intake was increased to around 400 pupils and the university turned into a socialist education centre. From 1952 until its closure in 1989, Bogensee was dedicated to politics and paramilitary training.