|Copyright Law of the Republic of Latvia: of April 6, 2000 - Full text (.pdf)
Section 6. Non-Protected Works
The following shall not be protected by copyright:
- regulatory enactments and administrative rulings, other documents issued by the State and Local Governments and adjudications of courts (laws, court judgements, decisions and other official documents), as well as official translations of such texts and official consolidated versions;
- State approved, as well as internationally recognised official symbols and signs (flags, Coats of Arms, anthems, and awards), the use of which is subject to specific regulatory enactments;
- maps, the preparation and use of which are determined by regulatory enactments;
- information provided in the press, radio or television broadcasts or other information media concerning news of the day and various facts and events;
- ideas, methods, processes and mathematical concepts.