- Same for Image:Vietnam flag large.png, Image:Guatemala flag large.png. Please tag your images. -Chris 73 04:24, 13 Dec 2004 (UTC)
Files up for deletion
I have put some of your uploads up for deletion (see here), because they seem to be copyrighted by the Singapore government - note that content of the government website is not free, see . Sorry about that. When stating the license of files, please be sure that your claim is correct and provide information that allows to verify the license status. Thank -- Duesentrieb 17:21, 31 May 2005 (UTC)
Tip: Categorizing images
Thanks a lot for contributing to the Wikimedia Commons! Here's a tip to make your uploads more useful: Why not add some categories to describe them? This will help more people to find and use them.
1) If you're using the UploadWizard, you can add categories to each file when you describe it. Just click "more options" for the file and add the categories which make sense:
2) You can also pick the file from your list of uploads, edit the file description page, and manually add the category code at the end of the page.
- [[Category:Category name]]
For example, if you are uploading a diagram showing the orbits of comets, you add the following code:
- [[Category:Astronomical diagrams]]
When picking categories, try to choose a specific category ("Astronomical diagrams") over a generic one ("Illustrations"). Pro-tip: The CommonSense tool can help you find the best category for your image.
- Image:Adityawarman Museum.JPG is uncategorized since 24 December 2008. BotMultichillT (talk) 05:45, 25 December 2008 (UTC)
Hi there! Would you mind if I add some text to the description of this file, so that it is clear that these "aksara Minangkabau" are not real? They have once been "discovered" but it already has been shown they are actually fake (I believe you can find it in Kozok, 1999: Warisan Leluhur: Sastra Lama dan Aksara Batak, Naskah dan Dokumen Nusantara 17). You can also tell, because there are no characters for "ca", "ja" or "nya" in the script. Little hard to write Minangkabau without those...
Regards, Martĳn →!?← 18:19, 15 January 2010 (UTC)
- edit: I edited the description because I saw the Franch wikipedia already put the image on their "Langue Minangkabau" article. We wouldn't want people to be misinformed... Regards, Martĳn →!?← 22:42, 15 January 2010 (UTC)
|File:The Hills Bukittinggi.JPG has been listed at Commons:Deletion requests so that the community can discuss whether it should be kept or not. We would appreciate it if you could go to voice your opinion about this at its entry.
If you created this file, please note that the fact that it has been proposed for deletion does not necessarily mean that we do not value your kind contribution. It simply means that one person believes that there is some specific problem with it, such as a copyright issue.