Please contact me on my German talking page because I do not often look at this page. I'm able to contribute with an advanced level of English.
More information is available at the community portal. You may ask questions at the help desk, village pump or on IRC channel #wikimedia-commons (webchat). You can also contact an administrator on their talk page. If you have a specific copyright question, ask at the copyright village pump.
-- 22:30, 25 September 2011 (UTC)
Tip: Categorizing images
Thanks a lot for contributing to the Wikimedia Commons! Here's a tip to make your uploads more useful: Why not add some categories to describe them? This will help more people to find and use them.
1) If you're using the UploadWizard, you can add categories to each file when you describe it. Just click "more options" for the file and add the categories which make sense:
2) You can also pick the file from your list of uploads, edit the file description page, and manually add the category code at the end of the page.
- [[Category:Category name]]
For example, if you are uploading a diagram showing the orbits of comets, you add the following code:
- [[Category:Astronomical diagrams]]
When picking categories, try to choose a specific category ("Astronomical diagrams") over a generic one ("Illustrations").
- Image:Wochenanzeiger-de-logo.jpg was uncategorized on 5 January 2012 CategorizationBot (talk) 13:17, 6 January 2012 (UTC)
Notification about possible deletion
|Some contents have been listed at Commons:Deletion requests so that the community can discuss whether they should be kept or not. We would appreciate it if you could go to voice your opinion about this at their entry.
If you created these pages, please note that the fact that they have been proposed for deletion does not necessarily mean that we do not value your kind contribution. It simply means that one person believes that there is some specific problem with them.
- File:Kindle4 24.JPG
- File:Kindle4 21.JPG
- File:Kindle4 22.JPG
- File:Kindle4 20.JPG
- File:Kindle4 15.JPG
- File:Kindle4 16.JPG
- File:Kindle4 12.JPG
- File:Kindle4 14.JPG
Renaming of File:IFA 2012 LG전자 OLED TV (2).jpg
Hello. I've gone for rename declined: Partially non-English/ Non-Roman Script name is attempted to be changed to fully English / Roman scripted name. Please go in for bilingual name as it exists in the file as well as a similar file. Regards, Hindustanilanguage (talk) 09:48, 7 September 2012 (UTC).
Welchem Zweck dient die Category:Internationale Funkausstellung 2012/Reviewed ? (kenn ich noch nicht)
- gesichtete und nachkategorisierte Bilder?
- wofür wird so was angelegt? (für aktuelle Großveranstaltungen mit vielen neuen Bildern?) - z.B. Category:International Aerospace Exhibition and Conferences 2012 ? --Bin im Garten (talk) 19:10, 12 September 2012 (UTC)
- Entschuldige bitte die späte Antwort.
- Diese Kategorie dient um die gesichteten und nachkategorisierten Bilder dort abzulegen, um sie nach Ende der Kategorisierung wieder in die normale Kategorie verschieben zu können. Dient also eher der Übersichtlichkeit.
- Es ist jedem selbst überlassen, ob man diese Kategorie temporär anlegt. Da aber auf der IFA mehr als 400 Fotos allein von mir und meiner Assistentin entstanden sind, habe ich diese Kategorie angelegt. Selbstverständlich steht es allen frei, diese Kategorie mitzubenutzten und selbst weiter zu kategorieren. Wenn alle Fotos betitelt sind, werden alle wieder in die normale Kategorie verschoben.--Mmovchin (talk) 13:36, 23 September 2012 (UTC)
File source is not properly indicated: File:BAUMA13 1326.JPG
|This media may be deleted.|
|A file that you have uploaded to Wikimedia Commons, File:BAUMA13 1326.JPG, is missing information about where it comes from or who created it, which is needed to verify its copyright status. Please edit the file description and add the missing information, or the file may be deleted.
If you created the content yourself, enter
If someone else created the content, or if it is based on someone else's work, the source should be the address to the web page where you found it, the name and ISBN of the book you scanned it from, or similar. You should also name the author, provide verifiable information to show that the content is in the public domain or has been published under a free license by its author, and add an appropriate template identifying the public domain or licensing status, if you have not already done so.
- Hi, thanks for giving valid source info for your files! Best regards, High Contrast (talk) 22:42, 19 April 2013 (UTC)
File source is not properly indicated: File:BAUMA13 1268.JPG
|This media was probably deleted.|
|A file that you have uploaded to Wikimedia Commons, File:BAUMA13 1268.JPG, was missing information about where it comes from or who created it, which is needed to verify its copyright status. The file probably has been deleted. If you've got all required information, request undeletion providing this information and the link to the concerned file (
- Hallo Mmovchin,
bitte schau mal nach File:IFA_2012_Internationaler_Medienkongress_Gruppe_1.jpg, die Personenreihe stimmt da nicht. mfg. --Itu (talk) 08:23, 13 February 2014 (UTC)
|File:IFA2012 IMG 4393.JPG has been marked as a possible copyright violation. Wikimedia Commons only accepts free content—that is, images and other media files that can be used by anyone, for any purpose. Traditional copyright law does not grant these freedoms, and unless noted otherwise, everything you find on the web is copyrighted and not permitted here. For details on what is acceptable, please read Commons:Licensing. You may also find Commons:Copyright rules useful, or you can ask questions about Commons policies at the Commons:Help desk.
20:05, 5 July 2014 (UTC)